Sunday, September 04, 2005

Biking Days:: Non Serious Writing


One of the best parts of my stay in India was biking with my university friends in an around Bombay. We had a lot of fun biking to cities surrounding bombay at the drop of a hat and racing on the streets late at night. It would be fun to see the expression on people's faces when 10 bikes zoomed past them on bombay streets at 4 in the morning. Sadly, havent been able to bike at all in Dubai. The roads are just not safe and the weather does not appeal. I still remember the biking gang though - Razin, myself, Arjun, Sid, Santo(Kiney), Arun, Raja Babu, Parshu. I've still retained my Suzuki Shogun. Its' gathering rust beneath my home in Bombay until I decide to take time off and restore it personally. Will try and supercharge it this time.

Some nice biker quotes from Amitabh's website (My fav. the last one):-

“Life may begin at 30, but it doesn’t get real interesting until about 150.”

“Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence”.

“A zest for living must include a willingness to die.”
– R.A. Heinlein

If you think you don’t need a helmet, you probably don’t.

I want to leave this world the same way I came into it: Screaming and covered in blood.

Home is where your bike sits still long enough to leave a few drops of oil on the ground.

Bikes don’t leak oil, they mark their territory.

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.

If you don’t ride in the rain, you don’t ride.

A bike on the road is worth two in the shed.

When you’re riding lead, don’t spit.

Don’t lead the pack if you don’t know where you’re going.

A good long ride can clear your mind, restore your faith, and use up a lot of fuel.

You can forget what you do for a living when your knees are in the breeze.

No matter what marquee you ride, it’s all the same wind.

Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It should appear shortly.

If not debt, then equity?

Given that my last post discourages entrepreneurs from raising debt apart from a few specific cases namely:- 1. Very high ROCE low risk bus...